Tuesday, October 14, 2008

P-DUB

 


Thanksgiving weekend is now over and we have all probably heard a lot about how we should be more thankful, but I don't think it will hurt us to hear it one more time.

Colossians 2:6,7 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing in thankfulness.

There is so much that could be said about these verses, but we are going to focus on the last line. As Christians we need to be overflowing with thankfulness. There are so many things as Christians that we can be thankful for, our salvation, family, friends, shelter and food to name a few. Paul uses the word(thankful, thank, thanks and thanksgiving)a lot and the majority of time he is giving thanks for people. Most of Paul's letters start with him thanking God for the people that he is writing to.

Philemon 4,5 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints.

At Battalion we have a lot to be thankful for, I am thankful for the rooms that we have been given,(The Locker room and the storage room)and for those who have paid for the renovations as well as those who spent a lot of time working on the rooms. But I am far more thankful for all of the guys that are a part of Battalion 3739! Just one more verse.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JKraftchick said...

I like the message of thankfulness and as I reflected on that this weekend one of the things I'm most thankful for is Battalion. It shaped a lot about me growing up and I still value the relationships and connection I have with the 3739, keep up the good work Lanny.

The Captain said...

one of my favorite passages this year at school is that 1 Thess one. i try and tell myself this passage every morning before i start my day it helps stay positive! thanks Lance

-bent ;)

Anonymous said...

im thankful for battalion and the friends ive made through it, young and old, and the times where we get together and come up with the craziest dreams and plans for battalion ever