Congrats Jonathan! The Sergeant has his fourth Hemet of the 2014/15 Btln Season! Jon was overdue for another Helmet, this week he would not be denied!
We played football for the second week in a row and for the last time this year! Last week the offences dominated the game with a 21-21 final score. This week it was the defense's turn to dominate! On the first play of the game I threw an interception! Dan's team was deep in our end of the field but were unable to score! For the next four or five drives both teams could not move the ball. About half way through the game Tyson had a big catch and run that moved my team into the red zone. We eventually capitalized on our field position, scoring a touchdown. The momentum continued to swing back and forth between both teams until Riley scored the second touchdown for my team on a 40 yard scoring play! It was the definitely the play of the game! My team taking the win 14-0!
In last Bible study of the year we did a review of the other nineteen Bible studies!
1) Serving - Jesus performed miracles and fed the crowds food, but most of his time was spent teaching the crowds from the Word of God! We should do the same! (Sept. 6th)
The Son of Man
did not come to be served, but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom
2) Faith - Jesus is faithful and is worthy to be trusted! (Sept. 19th)
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope
for he who promised is faithful.
3) Temptation - God will help us conquer temptation! (Sept. 26th)
1 Corinthians 10:13
has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful;
he will not let you be tempted
beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted,
he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
4) Eternal Security - Nothing can separate us from the love of God! (Oct. 23rd)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
5) Peace with God and the peace of God. - Once we have made peace with God through Jesus then he will give us peace in any and every situation! (Oct. 17th)
Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
6) Blessings from God - God wants to give us more than we can ask for or imagine! (Oct. 24th)
Ephesians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
7) Why do bad things happen to good people? - Ever since sin entered the world because of man, all of creation has been suffering. (Nov. 13th)
Romans 8:22-23 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
8) Jesus before his birth and after the ascension. - Jesus was the Creator before his birth and is now in Heaven interceding for us! (Nov. 21st)
Colossians 1:15-17 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
Hebrews 7:25 Therefore he (Jesus) is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
9) Christmas - Good news that will cause great joy for all people! (Dec. 8th)
Luke 2:10-11 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
10) The Word of God is .... - Eternal, flawless, living .... (Jan. 9th)
Psalm 119:89 Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.
Psalm 12:6 And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
11) Creation - God had a special plan for the earth, it was us! Man was the only thing that God made in his image! (Jan. 16th)
Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
12) God's love for the lost. - Jesus was passionate about saving the lost! (Jan. 23rd)
Luke 15:1-2 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
13) Will you get out of the boat for Jesus? - Peter did falter once he got out of the boat, but he did get out of the boat! Will we be willing to do some crazy things for Jesus? (Feb. 7th)
Matthew 14:28-31 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
14) True love - Jesus demonstrated perfect love when he died on the cross for our sins! (Feb.13th)
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
15) Prayer - We are supposed to pray sincerely, with understanding, with confidence, with thanksgiving.... (Feb. 20th)
Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
16) Submission - We need to submit to the authorities that God has put into power. (Mar. 6th)
Romans 13:1-2 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God.
17) A sense of urgency for the lost. - We need to have the same urgency for the lost that Paul had! (Mar. 13th)
2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
18) Friends - We need to be friendly with everyone, but especially with those that love God. (Mar. 19th)
Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
Psalm 119:63-64 I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts. The earth is filled with your love, Lord; teach me your decrees.
Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
19) Easter - How will we respond? We are in a desperate situation, just like both of the criminals that were crucified beside Jesus. Will we choose to accept Jesus' forgiveness? (Apr. 10th)
Luke 23:39-43 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
20) Our response to the Bible studies this year. - Will we apply these things we have learned to our lives? (Apr. 17th)
James 1:22-25 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
It is the Tenth Battalion Masters (Night Golf) next week at Battalion! Make sure you are early! 6:45 at the church! Bring clubs (If you have them.) and ten dollars.