Wednesday, October 08, 2008

P-DUB

 


As long as we are on this earth life will be a battle, sin will always be knocking at the door. Even the apostle Paul struggled with this and became frustrated.

Romans 7:15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Romans 7:21-25 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord!

The first part of these verses can be a little depressing, it seems as if there is nothing that can be done for our sinful condition. The end of the passage is the key, the truth is there is nothing we can do except ask God for help.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

God knows our limits, he knows what we can handle, so he won't let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. God also provides a way out for us, that is comforting to know that God is there in our trials and that he wants to help us. The thing is we have to accept his help when temptation comes or we will fall.
After reading Romans chapter 7 it is refreshing to read the beginning of chapter 8.

Romans 8:1,2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

We have been set free from the law of sin and death!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

solid post there captin, i like the flag, im gunna be stopping in the shop on friday hope your there

The Captain said...

good post always refreshing to read! hope tonight goes well seeya in 2 weeks!

-bent ;)

Anonymous said...

Good P-DUB

Jay