Sunday, April 27, 2008

P.O.D.

 

Time again for Passage Of Dah week. I have been thinking of verses that I could share this week, and I kept thinking of God's creation, then I went for a hike with Stockade and the view from rattlesnake mountain made me think of this verse.

Psalm 121:1-8 I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber or sleep. The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from harm- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Quite often in life we forget where our help comes from. If we would just remember that our help comes from our Maker we would be so much better off. What better place to get help than from our Maker? Who knows us better than God, the one who created us? If you bought something and had a problem with it you would likely want to bring it back to the one that designed and built that product. And God didn't just create us he created everything, so he understands everything! I have heard it said that the Bible is our manual for life, this is very true! The manual that came with my new paintball gun had a warning on it. The warning in the manual says that I should carefully read all of the directions before I use the gun. Of course like every other guy I tried using the gun before I had read the instructions, and you geussed it I had a couple problems. Is this any different than any of us when it comes to life? We try going through life without reading the Bible.(our directions for life) The manual that came with my gun really wasn't very good, but the manual that we have for life is perfect and will never let us down! If we read the manual we will have all the help that we need!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very encouraging to me, I hope this inspires every one who reads it to pick up their Bibles