Thursday, October 17, 2013

BTLN UPDATE

 
 
 
 
Congrats Luke! This is Luke's first Helmet of the year and the fourth of his Btln career! David was there at the end but he couldn't beat Luke.
 
This week we played Stickball. Not sure why, but it seems like every time we play Stickball one of the teams takes a big lead early and doesn't give it up. This week wasn't any different. Jason's team jumped out to the early lead and wouldn't let it go.
 
Stickball Final Scores
Jason's team - 19
Jake's team - 11
Ben's team - 8
Ben and Noah's team - 7
 
In Bible Study we looked at Timothy and Titus. These men were very different but were both very useful to Paul in his ministry.
 
Timothy
Philippians 2:19-22  I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare. For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.  But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel.
 
1 Timothy 1:2-8  Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.
 
1 Corinthians 16:10-11  When Timothy comes, see to it that he has nothing to fear while he is with you, for he is carrying on the work of the Lord, just as I am. No one, then, should treat him with contempt. Send him on his way in peace so that he may return to me. I am expecting him along with the brothers.
 
 
Titus
2 Corinthians 8:23  As for Titus, he is my partner and co-worker among you; as for our brothers, they are representatives of the churches and an honor to Christ.
 
Titus 1:5  The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.
 
2 Corinthians 7:13-15  By all this we are encouraged. In addition to our own encouragement, we were especially delighted to see how happy Titus was, because his spirit has been refreshed by all of you. I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well. And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.
 
God will use you whether you are a natural leader like Titus or whether you are a more reserved or timid man like Timothy!
 
Remember it is the Spirit of God that gives us the power, love and self-discipline to do his work!
 
Next week is Royal Rumble 9! Bring a friend!
 
THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

No comments: