Friday, January 13, 2012

BTLN UPDATE

 


T-Square!!! Tristan has been so close so many times this year and now finally he has broken through and has his first Helmet of the Btln season! Should be the first of many!
Gym football was the game this week! The timing, accuracy and speed required to play football in the gym is more like pro ball than any other football that we play at Btln. Jeremy's team scored on their first drive taking an early lead. My team tried to battle back, coming close a couple of times but were unable to score for the entire game. Jeremy did not score again, the final was 7-0. (The season series is now the Captain 7 and Jeremy 7.)
In Bible study we looked at King Solomon in our series "Entrust to Reliable Men".(1 Kings 3:3-15)
The Lord came to Solomon in a dream and said "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."(verse 4) I'm not sure what I would have asked for but Solomon's choice was amazing!

1 Kings 3:9a Give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong.

Obviously God is pleased with Solomon's answer.

1 Kings 3:12-13 "I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for-both wealth and honor-so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings."

Solomon's walk with God started so strong! Those gifts that God gave Solomon helped him at first but soon he became arrogant and he forgot that it was God that gave him everything that he had!

Near the end of his life Solomon writes about some of the choices he made in his life in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Ecclesiastes 2:10-11 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in my in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labour. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.

This would be a sad end but Solomon's final conclusion was this.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

If we make this last passage our goal we can truly be Reliable Men of God!

The night ended with Bulldog and like Maxwell said "Tristan deserved to win!" He was almost stopped a couple of times but was not to be denied!

Almost forgot to mention that I seperated my finger but was able to put it back in place! It looked really strange!

Two weeks until Winterslam!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

ryley said...

Ya T-square!

Gerrald said...

Lance remember you need to show that creation fest slide show this next week!

the captain said...

yes GeRRald
followed by no punctuation