Sunday, January 08, 2012

BTLN UPDATE

 

 


Congrats Max!! Max won his first career Helmet!!!!!! I'm sure that GeRRald has been hearing about it all week!!!! It is always a big deal to win the Helmet, but there is nothing like winning it for the first time!!!
This week we played the Btln Trifecta! We started with Murderball and this time it wasn't even close! The J-Man was in town and his team handed it to Jeremy and Joe's team! The best of seven ended 4-0! Next up was Handball and it wasn't much better, ending 7-3 again for the J-Man! There was no need to play the third leg of the Trifecta, the J-Man winning the Trifecta 2-0! (I was on the J-Man's team, the season series is now the Captain 7 and Jeremy 6!)

This week we got back into our series "Entrust to Reliable Men". This time around it was Joseph.(Genesis 37 and 39) In this series we always try to find something about these men to emulate. With Joseph it was his ability to conqueror and avoid temptation.(With God's help of course.) Joseph knew that if he gave in to temptation that it was his relationship with God that would suffer.

Genesis 39:9 "No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"

When the temptation became too much, Joseph did what we all need to do when temptation becomes more than we can handle. He ran from it!

Genesis 39:12 She caught him by the cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.

The temptation of Jesus is another good example of how to handle temptation. (Luke 4:1-13, Hebrews 4:15,16) Jesus quotes scripture to avoid temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Psalm 119:9-11 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

We ended with Bulldog and yes Maxwell was our winner!!!!

It was only our first week back and it was amazing!!!!!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gerrald said...

I'm just tired of losing

ryley said...

chin up Gerrald!