Tuesday, June 08, 2010

P-DUB

 


With a little more time on my hands I will try to P-Dubbit a little more often.
Over the weekend I was reading from Nehemiah and I got to one of those passages that looks like it belongs in the book of Numbers.

Nehemiah 7:7b-11 The list of men of Israel: the descendants of Parosh 2,172 of Shephatiah 372 of Arah 652 of Pahath-Moab (through the line of Jeshua and Joab) 2,818.

This list continues for most of chapter seven.(72 verses) The thing that struck me was how accurate God's Word is. Part of me wanted to skip over these verses but I'm glad that I didn't. If I was writing these facts I probably would have rounded the numbers up. Is it really important that there were 2,172 descendents of Parosh? Why not 2,100 or 2,200? The truth is, if these numbers were not accurate then could we really trust the rest of the Bible? It is comforting to know that God does not ever cut corners and that his word is always accurate and truthful!

John 17:17b - Your word is truth. (This is Jesus praying to God the Father.)

2 Samuel 7:28a - O Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your words are trustworthy.

Proverbs 30:5a - "Every word of God is flawless."

Psalm 12:6 - And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.

God's word is so accurate that it is called the trustworthy, flawless and the truth!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

No comments: