Monday, December 01, 2008

P-DUB

 


When we started the P-dub it's purpose was to encourage us from God's word, hopefully it is achieving it's purpose.(Sorry that I have not been more consistent) Just before the football trip I was reading through 2Corinthians when I noticed a couple of verses that would be good to use in the P-dub. I shared these verses with Ben and Jason on the football trip and figured that I would share them here as well.

2 Corinthians 2:12,13 Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said good-by to them and went on to Macedonia.

It is interesting to see how dependent Paul was on his friends. I guess it is no different for us, that's why it's so important to have good friends. I am amazed that even though God opened a door for Paul's ministry he still did not have peace of mind. This brings us to the second passage.

2 Corinthians 7:5-7 For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn -conflicts on the outside, fears within. But God who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, and not only by his coming but also by the comfort you had given him. He told us about your longing for me, your deep sorrow, your ardent concern for me, so that my joy was greater than ever.

What a difference visiting a good friend can make in our lives. For Paul, seeing Titus brought great comfort. But this was not the only thing that comforted Paul. Titus had good news to share about the Corinthian believers. The Corinthian believers were also Paul's friends and hearing good news about them also brought him encouragement. Just one more verse.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Seeing all of the Alumni at the football game was encouraging and I can't wait to see them again at the Alumni night!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Captain said...

ya alumni night is gonna rock! always good to read the p-dub i think one of the things that hurt paul the most was when he was alone especially in prison! going through a class on paul it seems that this is what gets to him more than anything! good stuff lance

-bent ;)

Anonymous said...

real good PDUB, and good reminiscing of the foot ball trip lots of good talks and really encouraging too