Tuesday, June 10, 2008

PASSAGE O THE WEEK

 

Grad and this picture from Devin's grad party had me thinking of all of the guys that have gone through Battalion and where they are now. It is exciting to see how everybody has grown! With this in mind I found this passage.

Philippians 1:3-6 I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I can say with Paul that every time I think of the guys and all the memories that I am thankful. We should be thankful for our brothers in Christ! The next two verses talk about prayer, Paul quite often talks about how he was praying for different people. We should continue to pray for each other and when we do this prayer will bring us joy.
Getting a chance to watch guys grow up and become partners in the gospel is awesome. This is why we have Battalion.
Finally we need to remember who started the good work in us. God started the work and he will finish it. Isn't it good to know that God is the one that is at work in your life? You know that the Creator of the Universe is going to do a good job. God is just getting started in our lives, there is so much more that he wants to do!
Just one final passage to help us through the week, enjoy!

Philippians 1:9-11 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

No comments: