Sunday, June 01, 2008

P-DUB

 

Time again for the Passage of the week, this time in Philippians.

Philippians 3:12-14 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Paul is talking about his own life and how he was still trying to reach perfection, something that Christ had purchased for him as well as you and me.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

If Christ has purchased perfection for us how come we are not perfect? When God looks at us we are perfect because he is looking at us through Jesus, but how come we don't act like it? This verse in Hebrews gives us the answer. We are being made holy, it is a process, God has paid for it and we must work towards it. This is why Paul talks about pressing on,(kinda reminds me of a song) it is hard work and can only be attained as we seek God's help. Of course we will not reach perfection until we get to Heaven, but that doesn't mean that we should not be aiming for that prize! Paul also mentions that he is trying to forget the past, both victories and defeats. I think what Paul is trying to say is that he didn't want to dwell on the past. There is nothing wrong with remembering the past, but we need to focus on the future, it is the only place that we can make a differance! In Battalion we also need to be looking to the future. There are always more boys that need us to keep pressing on!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

No comments: