Tuesday, May 13, 2008

P-DUB

 

I'm never sure what I am going to write when it comes to Passage of the Week, but I hope that the verses that are written here will help give us a positive outlook for the week. Life has enough problems, the last thing that we need is to have a bunch of negative thoughts written here. I think that a real knowledge of what Christ has done for us and the gratitude that will follow will produce better results in our lives than anything else.(Galatians 4:24-27 Hagar represents the Law and Sarah represents Grace, verse 27 shows that Grace has better results than the Law.)With that thought in mind let's look at the passage.

Ephesians 3:17b-21 And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

This passage has alot to say about the Love of Christ. We as Christians are rooted and established in Christ's love, his love is our foundation and it is what will cause us to grow. Paul wants us to understand how great Christs love is for us. In a world that has such a shallow view of what love is, it is amazing to hear Paul talk about how wide and long and high and deep the love of Christ is for us! And when God hands out the love he fills us up! After all Christ has done for us he still wants to do more, more than we than we can ask for or imagine! After writing about God's great love for us, Paul can't contain himself anymore and he starts praising God, "to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lance man it looks like me and my gear are gonna need a ride out to the beach on friday some time could ya help me out??

Danimal said...

I hope you bought that pontooner cause i will be looking for a ride with all my gear on friday night some time. When is Ryley heading out? YOu bringing the boat Ryles?

Anyway good passage Lanny, that is my favorite.

Danimal said...

P.S. When I say all my gear I mean all my gear, Owen's gear and probaly some of Tim's to.

Anonymous said...

lance why is it raining, this isnt good....

Anonymous said...

I'm going out Friday around noon and then picking up Jeremy Friday night, so either of those times will be fine. Let me know what works for you.

Anonymous said...

ryles isn't bringing his boat this year and gods just getting all the rain outa the way now.

So if I went out around noon I'd b able to get a ride?

Anonymous said...

yup