Friday, February 21, 2020

BTLN UPDATE




Congrats Danny! This is Danny's second Helmet of the Btln Season! All of a sudden Danny has two Helmets in the last four weeks! Bryce has been close the last two weeks, also trying for his second Helmet of the Btln Season! Keep up the good work Bryce!

This week we played "Dog and Bone" for the first time in years at Btln! Dog and Bone has become a regular game at Stockade and now has transitioned back to Btln. Dog and Bone is a lights on version of Mike. Instead of four teams like Mike, Dog and Bone is a two team game. I was actually planning to make Dog and Bone part of the new Btln Trifecta, but it was going so well that we kept on playing. The game ended in a tie, with a Rock-Paper-Scissors tie breaker!

Dog and Bone Final Scores
Luke's Team - 10
Coady's Team - 9

It was so good to have Alumni at Btln! John Van and Dylan Warwaruk both made an appearance!



In the Bible Study this week our topic was "Repentance".


Psalm 38:4   My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.

Psalm 38:18   I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

Proverbs 28:13   Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

Psalm 32:1-5   Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.


The guilt of our sin will trouble and burden us. The only way to deal with our sin is to confess our sin to God and repent. God knows the mistakes we have made anyway. If we ask, we will always be forgiven!


2 Corinthians 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

1 John 1:8-9   If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


We will never regret confessing our sins to God! If we hold onto our sin, it will eat away at us and make us miserable.


2 Peter 3:9   The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.


God wants everyone to come to repentance! God is patiently waiting for us to confess our sin and accept his forgiveness!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: