Sunday, February 02, 2020

BTLN UPDATE




Congrats Danny! This is Danny's first Helmet of the year and his second Helmet ever in Btln! At the end it was Josh and Danny battling it out for Bulldog supremacy. There were several rounds with just Danny and Josh, before Danny finally won! It is never easy to win the Helmet!

This week we played Stickball for the first time in the second half of the Btln year. This time around we had the closest finish we have ever had in Stickball. When the game is close then the mistakes that are made are more critical. The guys understand the rules, now we need to learn the strategy involved. This time when ended in a three way tie, setting up a Rock-Paper-Scissors overtime! Josh winning with Paper over Rock on both competitors!


Stickball Final Scores
Josh's Team - 10 -
Luke's Team - 10
Jason's Team - 10
Coady's Team - 8


Our topic for the Bible Study this week was "Life is Precious".


Genesis 1:26-27   Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.


All life was created by God and humans were created in God's image! Three times in this one passage we are told that we were made in God's image!


Genesis 2:4-7   This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens. Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.


God formed Adam's body from the dust of the earth and then breathed into him the breathe of life! We were not an accident, we were formed by the God of the universe!


Psalm 139:13-16   For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 39:4-5   “Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.


Life is precious because we were created by God! Life is also precious because it is so short. We do not know how many days will have on this earth. Even if we are blessed with a long life, it is still short and fleeting, like a breath! We need to make the most of life by living for God who gave us life and wants to give us eternal life!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: