Friday, September 14, 2018

BTLN UPDATE



Congrats Josh! Josh was second last week and this week he has the Helmet! Back to back final two finishes for Josh!


Our game of the week was Handball. Playing Handball without the lines on the gym floor is a challenge. This week we tried playing with a triangle key to make it easier and quicker to set up for the game. We played without a defenseman in the key because the triangle key was smaller. When the game was tied at 11 we went to next goal wins, and my team got the winner taking the game 12-11!


In Bible Study we looked at God's Availability.


In the Story that we looked at, Elijah was making fun of the baal and the prophets of baal. Elijah basically told the prophets of baal that baal was unavailable. This should have been obvious, since baal was nothing more than a statue. (1 Kings 18:16-39)
However, the God of the Bible is always available to us! We can pray to God anytime. We can also read and study the Bible whenever we want to and God will always be ready to give us incite into what we are reading.


Psalm 121:1-4
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

Isaiah 40:28
Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.

We have a God that doesn't sleep or get tired, he is always available!

Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.

We have a God that always hears us and is everywhere!


THE CAPTAIN

No comments: