Saturday, September 09, 2017

BTLN UPDATE - FIRST NIGHT




Congrats Dane! Dane has his first Helmet of the Btln Season on First Night! After winning Winston last year, Jakob was the obvious choice to be in the middle for Bulldog. The final three were Dylan, Keegan and Dane. Dane outlasting the other two to take the win!

Normally we start the new year with Murderball, but this year we started with Handball! My team was down 5-1 early on, but we battled back to take a big lead. We ended the game with first to three goals and my team dominated winning 3-1!


In Bible study our topic was "Who do you Trust?"


Proverbs 28:26   Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.

Psalm 118:8-9   It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.


When things go wrong in our lives, we often trust ourselves to fix our own problems. These passages make it clear, that we are foolish to trust anyone other than God. (Not that we can't have mentors or other people that we look up to. Most likely the ones that we look up to will be those that put their trust in God.)


Psalm 62:5-8   Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.


I love this next passage. It tells us that when we trust God that we will find rest, hope and salvation! This passage also tells us that God will be our stability (rock) and our protection (fortress)! These are all the things that the world is looking for!


Proverbs 3:5-6   Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.


God wants us to trust him, why would we hold back? Jesus didn't hold back, he gave us everything when he died on the cross for our sins.




Pool Party next week! Sept.13th (6:30-8:30 pm) at Abe's pool! (6715 18th street)


THE CAPTAIN

No comments: