Friday, October 07, 2016

BTLN UPDATE - SHIRT REVEAL NIGHT





Congrats Dylan! This was Dylan's first Helmet of the Btln Season! Dylan has been very close to winning the Helmet a few times already this year. He was not about to be denied this week!

This week was the reveal of the new Btln shirt! This years shirt is our 18th! I am so happy about how these turned out! Thanks to Bruce (Sergeant 1984), Laird and Ben (Sergeant 2006)(and anyone else who helped) for all their hard work! I think we have another winner!

We were going to play Mike this week, but I decided to wait a week. Instead of Mike we played Murderball for only the second time this year. Devin and Ben wanted to play against Ryley, so we made the teams so they could get their shots in on him. Ben and Devin's team was too strong the first game, beating Ryley's team easily. Mike switched teams and that was all that we needed to turn the tide. Ryley's team won the next two games, winning the series 2-1! We finished with a game of Fire-Fever-Flood that Uzzie was able to win over Ryley!


In Bible study our topic was, "God knows me".

Psalm 139:1-6
You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


This passage in Psalms tells us that God has searched us, and that he knows us! It is amazing that God takes such an interest in us. Especially after he has seen all the garbage that we have hidden away. The passage tells us that he knows our thoughts, words and deeds. The amazing thing is that he still loves us!


Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.


God knows our failures, but wants to help us fix our problems. We can ask God to show us where we are falling short of what he wants for us. After all, he knows us better than we know ourselves!


Psalm 33:13-15
From heaven the Lord looks down
    and sees all mankind;
from his dwelling place he watches
    all who live on earth—
he who forms the hearts of all,
    who considers everything they do.



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: