Friday, April 15, 2016

BTLN UPDATE - FOOTBALL AND "POP & DOGS" (PART 2)




Congrats to Tyson! This was Tyson's second Helmet of the Btln season! Keegan and Luke were there at the end with Tyson but were unable to gain more yards than Tyson. (Keegan is a beast, he ran me over in football!)

This week we had the lowest scoring game of football that we have ever had at Btln! Dan's team was knocking on door for most of the night but was unable to cross the goal line. My team did move the ball but was also unable to score. The only touchdown of the game came on an interception run back from my teams end zone! Tyson Soobotin's cousin from Cranbrook ran the ball 110 yards for the one and only major of the game! Final score 7-0. (I didn't throw one touchdown pass in the last two weeks of Btln!) The quality of the football wasn't that great, but it was still so much fun!

In Bible study our topic was, "Was Jesus a victim or the victor"?

First we tried to establish why Jesus came to earth.

1 Timothy 1:15   Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.

Secondly, did Jesus know that he was going to die for sinners?

Luke 18:31-33   Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again."

Thirdly, did Jesus go to the cross of his own free will?

John 10:17-18   "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life- only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

If Jesus went to the cross of his own free will, is he then a victim or the victor?

Colossians 2:13-15   When you were dead in your sins, God made you alive in Christ. He forgave us all our sins, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

One last passage that talks of Jesus' current glorified position.

Philippians 2:9-11   Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: