Saturday, March 12, 2016

BTLN UPDATE - DOUBLE POINT VERSE NIGHT




Congrats Noah! This was Noah's fifth Helmet of the Btln Season! On the last round of Bulldog it was Luke and Noah gunning for the Helmet. Noah outgained Luke, winning the Helmet and increasing his lead in the race for Winston!

In the past we have always had Double Point Verse Night on Brigade Sunday. This year we decided to try something different. Instead of quoting Memory Work in front of parents and other people from the church, we decided to do it on a Wednesday night at Battalion in front of their peers. I was not sure how this would work out, but it was an amazing experience! We will definitely be doing this again! I am so proud of everyone that said a passage! Good work guys!

Noah Makortoff - 2 Timothy 2:1-3
Ben Nicolson - Hebrews 1:3-12
Tyson Tiller - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Jakob Boschmann - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Stephan Kalnin - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Luke Martens - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Josh Martens - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

The game of the week was Murderball! We will only play Murderball one more time this year and that will be on Last Night of Btln! The energy level was high and the guys were playing hard which made for two fantastic games! Both games were long and had several momentum swings in them, making them a lot of fun! My team won both games giving us the 2-0 win! We might have played more, but because we needed more time for the Memory Work and because the games were so long we ended the series after only playing two games.

Ben prepared the squad meetings this week and had us looking at the Jesus' death and resurrection. (Read Matthew 27:32-56)

Romans 5:6-8   You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

While we were powerless, ungodly and still sinners Christ died for us! God didn't wait for us to get it together, because we couldn't! God's grace is so amazing!

1 Corinthians 15:3-11   For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

1 Timothy 1:15-16   Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Paul life was a perfect example of how God's grace can change people! Paul persecuted the church of God and even calls himself the worst of sinners! If God can change the "worst of sinners" then he can change you and me!


Thanks to Howard Pike (C.S.B. rep.) for taking time to be with us this Wednesday!


THE CAPTAIN

No comments: