Friday, January 09, 2015

BTLN UPDATE



First Helmet of the Second Half goes to Nate! Congrats Nate! Nate now has three Helmets for the year, only one behind Lucas! It is going to be a good finish!

This week we played Handball. My team fell behind 7-0 and was never able to battle back. We added Jason to my team but it wasn't enough to recover from the early deficit. The final score was 21 - 14 for Ben's team! (Still a lot of fun though.)


In Bible study we found out that the word of God is.....


Isaiah 40:8   The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

Psalm 119:89   Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

(1) The word of God is eternal.

Psalm 12:6   And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.

(2) The word of God is flawless

2 Timothy 3:16-17   All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(3) The word of God is useful for teaching.

1 Peter 1:23   For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

(4) The word of God can save us.

Psalm 119:9-11   How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

(5) The word of God can keep us from sin.

Psalm 119:97-98   Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. Your commands are always with me and make me wiser than my enemies.

(6) The word of God can give us wisdom.

Hebrews 4:12   For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

(7) The word of God is living and active.


We are so blessed to be able to study the word of God! We should take advantage of this!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: