Friday, January 10, 2014

BTLN UPDATE


 
Congrats David! Everybody do the Barney! (How these things start I will never know!) Second Helmet of the year for David! Shirt of the week for David as well! Jonathan was there at the end with David, but just missed getting his second Helmet!
 
We played Murderball this week and for what feels like the first time this year my team finally won! The curse is over! ;)  It seems like forever since my team won the majority of games in one night. The final score was 3-2!
 
In Bible study this week we talked about contentment.
 
1Timothy 6:6-8  But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
 
Hebrews 13:Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
 
Philippians 4:12-13  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
 
Most people struggle with contentment and after Christmas this feeling seems to grow. Lack of possessions, disappointment in friends and family can leave us feeling empty. Paul tells us that if we have food and clothing that we should be content! The key is that we need to know that God will never leave us or forsake us and that through Christ we can do anything!
 
Philippians 4:4-Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 
If we go to God for help then we will have the peace of God and will be able to rejoice in the Lord!
 
 
Week one of the Second Half is in the books!
 
THE CAPTAIN

No comments: