Sunday, January 24, 2010

P-DUB

 


Today the 2010 Torch Relay came through Grand Forks and it got me thinking about a couple of passages.

1 Corinthians 9:24,25 - Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Life is a race, we need to run in such a way as to get the prize!

Hebrews 12:1b - Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Two things, first, the race is not going to be easy, it is going to take perseverance. Second, the race has been marked out for us! God has set the path for our life, we just need to follow it!

2 Timothy 4:7,8 - I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Hopefully at the end of our life we can say with Paul, that we have fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith!
Of course we can't do it on our own without Gods help. Paul said "No, I worked harder than all of them-yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."(1 Corinthians 15:10b)

With Gods help we can run the race and finish it!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet scripture, gotta keep running!