Sunday, October 11, 2009

THANKSGIVING

 


All right I realize that it has been a long time since the last p-dub(passage of the week)but here goes anyways.
Lately I have been reminded that I need to get my joy from what God has done for me and not from what I have done for him. It is so easy to be discouraged when I look at my own life. At the same time it is easy to be encouraged when I remember what God has done and continues to do for me. After all that God has done for us it should be easy to be thankful.

1Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

2Corinthians 2:14 - But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.

2Corinthians 9:15 - Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Romans 7:25 - Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Psalm 100 - Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

We have so much to be thankful for!

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Captain said...

always enjoy the p-dub lance! thanks for the reminder!

-bent ;)

Ryley said...

thankful thankful thankful! love the p-dub,