Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WINSTON 2006/07?

 

 


In 2006 we added the Helmet to Battalion 3739. The winner of Bulldog each week would win the Helmet. A year later we introduced Winston as the trophy for the overall champion. It was simple, the one with the most wins at the end of the year would win Winston. As I was thinking back I wondered, Who would have won Winston in the 2006/07 season? I was keeping track, but at the end of the year I forgot to write down who the winners were. Then I remembered that Bent had kept track on the blog, he had missed a few but between the Archives and the blog I was able to come up with the answer. Devin Chursinoff would have won Winston in 06/07 with his four wins. Devin may not have won if Winston had been around cause the guys might have picked on him, but all things being equal, Devin is/was the champ!
Lastly, who was the first ever winner of the Helmet? Zach Gobbett, he was in grade seven at the time!

2006/07 SEASON REVIEW
DEVIN CHURSINOFF - 4 HELMETS, BOXING CHAMPION
JORDON WALSH - 3 HELMETS, BELLY FLOP & GOLF CHAMPION
CHARLIE LANGIS - 3 HELMETS
JASON HAYASHI - 2 HELMETS, WRESTLING CHAMPION
CAM THOMPSON - 2 HELMETS, OLYMPIC CHAMPION
NATHAN BALL - 2 HELMETS, PING PONG CHAMPION
JOEL FEENSTRA - 2 HELMETS
EVAN PODOVINIKOFF - 2 HELMETS
DREW BROWN - 2 HELMETS
SAM SCHIESSER - 2 HELMETS
MIKE TRAINER - 1 HELMET
KEVIN HAYASHI - 1 HELMET
NICK DEBOECK - 1 HELMET
OWEN KNOPP - 1 HELMET
ALEX ERIXON - 1 HELMET
ZACH GOBBETT - 1 HELMET

AARON FRIESEN - 1 HELMET, ALUMNI NIGHT

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jason said...

thats cool!

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to take away a helmet from myself but I don't remember winning the helmet. I think is was Mike Huges. But I'm not sure, if I am wrong I take full credit of the helmet and apologize for ever forgetting. Aaron

The Captain said...

ha i wish i had the helmet my 05/06 year! so many things are added every year!

-bent ;)