Friday, March 28, 2008

Passage Of the Week

 

New feature on the blog, Passage of the week. I hope to put some encouraging passages here once a week. I find that when I am feeling a little depressed that I haven't been reading my Bible enough. So hopefully this will encourage us all to read our Bibles more. Hope that you enjoy it.
After Easter I thought that these passages would be appropriate.
Job 19:25-27 - I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes -I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
What a wonderful thing to know that Jesus our Redeemer lives! Job is also looking forward to his own resurrection when he would meet his Redeemer. Job says, how my heart yearns within me! We can all be excited that one day we will get to meet the one that paid for our sins.
1 Thessalonians 4:17b,18 And so we will be with the Lord forever. There encourage each other with these words.

THE CAPTAIN
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think this a good idea, cause I too also sruggle with reading my bible when I feel down. Keep up the good work captain!