Sunday, April 01, 2007

Treadmill Update



With 48 days left until May Long 07, my dad and i felt it appropriate to check up on Treadmill beach. We were out fishing honing our skills to perfection for the big weekend. We rounded the corner and the beach came into view. There was still snow, how ever is not a big problem because with the 20 degree plus days were having, it is going to melt like butter in a microwave. As we started to troll towards the beach a familiar sound came to my ear, flowing water. This is expected when we camp at a beach named after a creek, but in the distance I could see the water flowing down the beach! For those of you that don't know this beach or have never been, it is about a 5 minute walk to the creek and the bridge. We landed the boat and I got out to investigate. It turns out that the Pod's may need to find a new camping spot. I assume that somewhere up the creek the banks broke and we now have our own creek in camp.
This brings up a few questions.




a) Where the heck are the pods going to camp, because as it stands they are flooded out.

b) Could we possible make any money off this? Think of it Treadmill springs. I did take the time to test the water, and well, it taste awesome, and I'm still alive, so I say we sell it.

c) How big of a dam can we make? For all those people that read this, us guys, once we see flowing water, it is like an addiction, we start damming the water up.

d) How much of a beach will we have left when high water comes and that small creek grows?


This also brings me to more good news, From what I had time to explore of our "new" beach, I found some fallen tree's. Now some may say well ya no kidding, but in past years we have had to go searching high and low for a dead tree, these two i found right away are also just above pods camping spot, so this will be a nice quick year to get our fire wood.




The main question for May Long 07 is who is going to catch the biggest fish and win the prize of $50 Steve Chursinoff has put up for the prize?


This has been a Paparazzi Production

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICS MAKES ME HOMESICK FOR TREADMILL!