Monday, November 13, 2023

BTLN UPDATE

 



Congrats to Brett on his first helmet ever! Brett has gotten second place in British Bulldog a few times this year and it felt like he was due for a win! Congrats again to Brett on finally getting his first helmet!


This last week we played stickball! It is always a super fun game to play. The teams were pretty even, keeping the scores pretty even throughout the game. Luke's team pulled ahead though, winning with a 4 point lead. Congrats to Luke's team!

Stickball Final Scores
Luke's team - 14
Coady's team - 10
Josh's team - 9
Matthias's team - 9


This week the Bible study topic was about fear.

Here are some passages we read on the topic:


Psalm 23:4  -  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 27:1-2  -  The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 34:4  -  I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.


We shouldn't be afraid because God is always with us to help us through all of our problems. We can be going through the darkest times, and God is still right beside us, ready to help us through it all. God will keep us away from troubles, and will help us through any troubles we get ourselves into. We can have comfort knowing that we don't have to be afraid because God is always with us!


Thank you to all the boys and leaders who came! It was an awesome night! We are back at the church again for Battalion this coming Wednesday! Be there, and bring a friend!




SARGE 21

No comments: