Thursday, September 07, 2023

BTLN UPDATE - FIRST NIGHT






Congrats Andrew! Andrew has the first helmet of the new Battalion season! It was awesome having all the boys back at Battalion again! Brett was at the end with Andrew, making it a battle between the brothers, but only Andrew was able to make it to the wall. This made Andrew the winner of British Bulldog and the Helmet! Congrats again to Andrew!


We started the Btln year with Murderball! Lance's team easily won the first two games of Murderball, with Greg making the winning shot in the second game. Luke's team beat Lance's team really quickly in the third game, and also won the fourth. Luke's team won the fifth and final game, beating Lance's team 3-2.


During this week's Bible study, we read from Psalm 139:1-12 and Jeremiah 23:23-24. 


Psalm 139:1-4  -  You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

Jeremiah 23:23-24  -  "Am I only a God nearby," declares the Lord, "and not a God far away? Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?" declares the Lord. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the Lord.


We learned about how God knows everything about us, and is always there for us. God will always be there to comfort us, and to pick us up when we fall. David says that God's knowledge is wonderful. God has seen all the corners of our soul and he completely understands us. We can have comfort knowing God has a plan for us, and will be there through it all.


Thank you to all the boys and leaders who came to Battalion this week! We appreciate it! Bring a friend next week! 


Remember, the Battalion Pool Party is next week at Abe's pool! There will be food (hot dogs, ice cream cake from DQ, chips, and pop.) and of course the Belly Flop Competition!

Wednesday night from 7:00pm-8:30pm
Show up early (6:30pm) if you want more time in the pool!




SARGE 21

No comments: