Sunday, February 10, 2019

BTLN UPDATE



Congrats Mike! This was Mike's first Helmet of the Btln Season! It is so good to have Mike at Btln and it is good to see him get his first Helmet of the year!

This week we played G*I*T*D Basketball! Anything glow in the dark is visually appealing! It always makes me think of the movie Tron. Team Orange had several opportunities to win when it was next basket wins at the end of the game, but were unable to convert. Team Green sunk the winner after a few tries to take the win!


In Bible Study we looked at Paul's conversion. (Acts 9, 22 and 26)

The question is, why is Paul's conversion recorded three times in the book of Acts? If God is repeating himself, then there must be something very important about Paul's conversion.
 
1 Timothy 1:12-17   I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.


Paul calls himself a blasphemer, persecutor and a violent man. God saved Paul even though he was a terrible man! Paul was not searching for God, but God was searching for Paul! Paul's conversion was an example of God's immense patience, grace and love. None of us can say that we are beyond God's capacity to forgive!




THE CAPTAIN


No comments: