Sunday, January 27, 2019

BTLN UPDATE



Congrats Caleb! This was Caleb's second Helmet of the Btln Season! It was fitting that Caleb would win on what was probably his last night of Battalion. Caleb graduated early and will be moving to Kamloops to start his welding apprenticeship! Good luck and God bless to Caleb as he moves onto the next stage of life!

This week we played Mike 23 for the last time this year. The scores rise and fall with each mini game. It is hard to know who will win until the final mini game is over! Nathan's Team had a big early lead but ended up in a distant third!

Mike 23 Final Scores
Ryley's Team - 11
Coady's Team - 10
Nathan's Team - 7
Ben's Team - 6

In Bible Study our topic was Anxiety.

Proverbs 12:25   Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.


Having anxiety is something that we all deal with. We all have differing levels of anxiety. What we know for sure is that anxiety is not good for us according to this passage. I'm sure that most of us can identify with "Anxiety weighing down our hearts". The thing that we need to remember is that we don't have to deal with anxiety all alone!





Psalm 139:23   Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.


Psalm 94:18-19   When I said, “My foot is slipping,your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.


Philippians 4:6-7   Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


1 Peter 5:7   Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.


God wants us to cast all of our anxiety on him! He doesn't want us to have to deal with it on our own. We just need to bring him all of are concerns, whether big or small!


THE CAPTAIN













No comments: