Friday, January 26, 2018

BTLN UPDATE





Congrats Josiah! At Josiah's second night of Battalion ever he has his first Helmet! I have not been keeping track, but I am fairly certain that winning the Helmet on your second week at Btln is a record!

This week we played Stickball for only the second time of the Btln year. There is not a lot of running around in Stickball, but there is a lot of strategy involved. After the first inning Cam's team had a three or four run lead, but was not able to hold onto the lead. Jason's team had a big second inning scoring five runs to take the lead and the win!

Stickball Final Scores
Jason's Team - 9
Cam's Team - 8
John's Team - 6
Lukas' Team - 6


In Bible study we finished our three part series, "Jesus is the Way", "Jesus is the Truth" and "Jesus is the Life".

John 14:6   Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus himself is the Life!

John 1:1-4   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

In Jesus there is Life!

John 11:25   Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

Jesus is the resurrection and the Life!

John 10:17-18   The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

Jesus had the authority to lay down his Life. Jesus also had the authority and power to give himself Life!

John 3:16   For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Whoever believes in Jesus will have eternal Life!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: