Friday, March 03, 2017

BTLN UPDATE - THE MILL





Congrats Luke! This was Luke's third Helmet of the Btln Season! Luke is now tied with Tyson and Jakob for first in the Winston Standings! It looks like this race is going to go right down to the wire!

This week we tried a new game that was a Btln 3739 tradition from the past! We brought back "The Mill"! We made two teams that took turns running through "The Mill" created by the opposing team. After two rounds the score was tied at 16, so we needed overtime to find a winner. Each team picked their three strongest runners to run through "The Mill". The first team was three for three, this meant that the second team needed to be perfect to send us to a second overtime. The first runner for the second team was knocked down giving the first team the win in our first ever "Mill Night"!


In Bible study our topic was "Who do you say I am?"

Matthew 16:13-17   When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
“But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

The people of Israel were not sure who Jesus was, but those closest to Jesus knew exactly who he was! Peter testified that Jesus was the Messiah, the son of the living God that the nation Israel had been waiting for! It was God the Father that revealed this truth to Peter.

Exodus 3:13-15   Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’
“This is my name forever,
    the name you shall call me
    from generation to generation.

John 14:6-11   Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.

Jesus used the name that God the Father had used for himself in the Old Testament, letting his disciples know that he was in fact the same God. Philip wanted to see God the Father and did not understand what Jesus was trying to tell him. Jesus told Philip that anyone who had seen him (Jesus) had seen the Father!

Matthew 17:1-5   After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”



God the Father's testimony about Jesus will have the final word here, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: