Sunday, January 31, 2016

BTLN UPDATE



Congrats Dylan! This was Dylan's second Helmet of the Btln Season! Dylan has been finishing in the top five almost every week! Dylan is becoming a force to be reckoned with!

For our game of the week we played the Btln Trifecta! With three mini quick change games there isn't anytime to get settled into a game! We started with Handball. Devin was determined to soften up the defense and goalie, but Riley and I were not going to put up with that! Early on the game was back and forth, before my team pulled ahead to take the win! Final score was 10-8 for my team! Next we played Murderball. Devin's team took over the momentum, beating us 2-1! The final game of the Trifecta was Fire, Fever, Flood. It came down to Devin for his team and Lukas for my team! Devin started going the wrong way, giving Lukas the edge and the win! My team winning the Trifecta 2-1!

In Bible study we tried to answer the question, "If God is for us, should we fear him"?

Psalm 27:1   The Lord is my light and my salvationwhom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 56:3-4   When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Romans 8:28-32   And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

It is clear from these passages that God is for us and that he is the one that we can trust! It is also clear that with God on our side that there is no need to fear others!

Proverbs 9:10   The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 10:27   The fear of the Lord adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

Proverbs 14:27   The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, turning a person from the snares of death.

Proverbs 16:6   Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord evil is avoided.

Proverbs 19:23   The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

2 Corinthians 5:11a   Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others.

Obviously it is important to fear God! "The fear of the Lord" gives us wisdom, long life, it helps us avoid evil, brings contentment and compels us to share the Gospel! As Christians we fear God because of who he is (The Creator and Sustainer of everything!) and because of what he has done for us! (Jesus died for our sins!) We do not fear God because of what he is going to do to us!



THE CAPTAIN

No comments: