Friday, April 10, 2015

BTLN UPDATE - FOOTBALL AND "POP N DOGS"




Congrats to Stephan! This was Stephan's first Helmet of the season and the second Helmet of his Btln career! Ben was there at the end, but Stephan gained five more yards than Ben on the last round!

Spring Football has been a Btln 3739 tradition since I was going to Btln in the late eighties. After winter it is so good to move Btln outside and play some football! (I forgot how much I love to play football.)

Jason and Devin wanted to be on the same team, so against my better judgment I put them on the same team along with Nathan(the bearded monster). Dan (also the bearded monster) Ben and I were on the other team. I wasn't sure if the teams were even or if the game would be close, but it totally exceeded my expectations! Lukas went fifty yards to score the first TD for my team. Jason's team battled back with two scores from Tyson, making the score 14-7. My team scored next on a pick six, evening the score at 14-14. Bryce caught a TD pass for Jason's team and my team tied it at 21-21 to end the game in a tie! We tried OT, but both teams failed in OT and we ran out of time, so we ended the game in a tie.

In Bible study we read the Easter story. We looked at the response of the two criminals that were crucified next to Jesus.

Matthew 27:38,44   Two criminals were crucified with him, one on his right and one on his left.  In the same way the criminals who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

Luke 23:32,39-43   Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed.  One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

These two criminals were in a very desperate situation! They were both about to die and still they were mocking God! They were not really any different than any other man that has ever lived. These two men desperately needed God grace, and so do the rest of us! After watching Jesus one of the criminals had a change of heart and asked Jesus for forgiveness! It is amazing that even while Jesus was dying he was able to minister to those that needed him! We can also have a change of heart and turn to Jesus!


Next week we are back at the high school field for Football and "Pop n Dogs"! 
6:30 p.m. at the field!

THE CAPTAIN

No comments: