Friday, September 26, 2014

BTLN UPDATE - SHIRT NIGHT REVEAL 2014/15


 
Congrats to Nate! Second Helmet of the year for Nate! Nate is going to be very tough to beat this year! Jonathan, Ben and Noah were all there at the end of Bulldog, but were unable to keep up with Nate.

This week was the shirt reveal for the 2014/15 Btln Season! As with the shirts from the past, this one is sure to become a classic. (I love the blue and white.) The shirt has the Btln logo on the front and the Btln Medallion on the back. (The ink is glow in the dark!)

For the first time this year we played the Btln Trifecta. We started with Handball. My team was down 6-5, but we were able to rally back to win the first leg of the Trifecta 8-6! The second game of the Trifecta was Murderball. This time my team won quickly, giving us time to play the final game of the Trifecta. We ended with Fire-Fever-Flood. The team with the last man standing wins FFF. When we were down to the final four, both teams had two guys left! The problem for Ben's team was that his team's last two players were eliminated in the next two rounds! This gave my team the 3-0 win! That's right, a shutout!

In Bible study we took a look at Romans 7, temptation and the two natures in Christians.

Romans 7:15   I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Romans 7:18   For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.

Romans 7:22-25   For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Paul shows us here in Romans 7 that the believer has two natures. The old sinful nature that cannot do any good, and the new nature that we receive when we ask Christ to be our Savior. These two natures are at war with each other. We need to feed the new nature and starve the old nature! As we study God's Word, apply it to our lives and spend time in prayer we will be feeding the new nature. 

1 Corinthians 10:12-13   So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

God will always provide a way for us to avoid temptation!

Hebrews 4:14-16   Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Jesus understands our weaknesses and he wants to help us in our time of need! We just need to come to him in prayer and ask for his help!


Mike Night next week at Battalion!

Remember, Battalion is like Heaven, there is always room for one more! So bring a friend!


THE CAPTAIN

No comments: