Thursday, April 03, 2014

BTLN UPDATE - "POP N DOGS" & BTLN FOOTBALL






Congrats David! Third Helmet of the year for David! Nate and David were both stopped on the last round, but David had about a foot more forward progress! It was very close! I just love Bulldog on the grass! It's the way it is supposed to be played!

It was soooo good to be outside playing football! (It was a long winter!) My team jumped out to an early 14-0 lead. I think it was Skyler and Mike scoring touchdowns. Jason and Devin's team scored next. Pretty sure David and Noah both scored, making the score 14-14. With Luke B. at the helm of my team, we scored the final major of the game, winning 21-14!

I almost forgot to mention that we consumed 72 Menno dogs and 21 liters of Gatorade!

I was talking to Jeremy this week and he asked why I don't bring lights to Btln Football. Never thought about I guess. Anyways, having lights for the Bible study and for Bulldog was amazing! It is more to bring to the field, but it was worth it!

This week in Bible study we looked at some of the events that took place at the Lord's Supper.

Matthew 26:31-35  Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.” Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.” “Truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times.” But Peter declared, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the other disciples said the same.

You have to admire Peter's enthusiasm, but instead of being confident in his own abilities he should have asked Jesus for help to conquer his fear.

John 21:15-17  When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” “Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.” Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.” The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

After the resurrection, Jesus takes the time to reassure Peter. Jesus lets Peter know that even though he (Peter) had denied him (Jesus) that he (Jesus) wanted Peter to continue to take care of the Church! In fact, Peter is given the role of leader of the early church! God didn't give up on Peter and he won't give up on us! Even though we will make mistakes! We need to learn to trust and depend on God more each day!

2 Timothy 2:13  If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.


THE CAPTAIN

No comments: