Monday, February 21, 2011

MEET THE NATION - MIKE HUGHES




Will we ever run out of Btln 3739 Legends to interview? The streak is still alive as we take some time to get to know Mike Hughes a little better. So many good memories of Mike at Battalion. The squad meetings in the library were a lot of fun with Mike.(I wish I could remember the book Mike used to pick up every week.) Mike graduated in 2004 and was the inventor of Mike and Mike 23. Mike is now working in the Yukon.

RANDOM QUESTIONS
(1)What is your favourite style of music?
(A)Punk
(2)Do you shave with an electric razor or a blade?
(A)Neither, I'm o-natural but I use a clipper to keep it in check.
(3)What would you rather grow? A beard or a moustache?
(A)Beard all the way! Moustaches are creepy!
(4)What would you rather drive? A big truck or a fast car?
(A)Big truck
(5)Ford, Chevy or Dodge?
(A)Chevy
(6)What would you rather wear? A ball cap or a toque?
(A)Ball cap
(7)How many times have you crashed a vehicle?
(A)For some crazy reason not at all!(knock on wood) But! I have scraped the ol Jeep with a few rocks.
(8)What is more important before you go to bed? Brushing your teeth or watching the sports highlights?
(A)You can't take tooth hygiene serious enough. So ya I would brush my teeth after the sports highlights for sure.
(9)What is your favourite G.F. summer activity? Bridge jumping or tubing down the river?
(A)Tubing down the river.
(10)What was your favourite class in school? Shop, P.E. or Band?
(A)Shop! What other class would let you play with fire?
(11)What would you rather watch live? Your favourite band or your favourite sports team?
(A)My favourite band.
(12)What do you like better? Skiing or snowboarding?
(A)Skiing!
(13)What is your favourite sport?
(A)Skiing
(14)If you could be a superhero for a day who would you want to be?
(A)Aquaman.... swimming is cool.
(15)What is your kryptonite?
(A)Helicopters completely capture 100% of my attention.
(16)What is your dream job?
(A)Traveling the world as a gypsy helicopter mechanic.
(17)Do you have any nicknames?
(A)Smelly, Huge
(18)I have always wanted to....
(A)Buy a sailboat and sail around the world.
(19)I will never....
(A)Watch an episode of American Idle.
(20)I really dislike....
(A)Post-it notes, they haunt me everywhere I go.

BATTALION QUESTIONS
(21)What is your favourite Battalion event?
(A)Battalion Olympics, all events except Basketball.
(22)What is your favourite Battalion shirt?
(A)The original Bulldog shirt.
(23)What do you like better? Mike or Bulldog?
(A)Not to sound to full of myself, but Mike is an awesome game!
(24)You arrive at the boat launch on your way out to the Maylong when you realize the boat doesn't have enough room for both your tarp and your food. What do you leave behind, your tarp or your food?
(A)I would leave the tarp. I like my snacks and there's always a lot of other tarps there already.
(25)How do you spend most of your time at the Maylong? Fishing or playing cribbage?
(A)I would totally go out fishing most of the time.
(26)One big block of cheese or the outhouse?
(A)Ha Ha Ha. I like cheese, but the outhouse seems more economical.
(27)What is your favourite Battalion tradition?
(A)Playing Bulldog at the end of every meeting.
(28)How long have you been a part of the Btln Nation?
(A)13 years

FOOD QUESTIONS
(29)What is your favourite restaurant?
(A)Donair Spot in Vancouver.
(30)Menu item?
(A)Whatever the special is.
(31)How do you like your steak?
(A)Medium-rare
(32)What is your favourite vegetable? Beans or potatoes?
(A)Beans
(33)What do you like better? Burgers or pizza?
(A)I like cheese burger pizza. mmmmm
(34)What size pizza could you eat in one sitting? Individual, small, medium or large?
(A)Large, almost to easily.
(35)What is your favourite flavour of chips?
(A)Lays BBQ
(36)What do you like better? Coke or Pepsi?
(A)Pepsi

G.S.F. QUESTIONS
(37)Was there ever a time in high school that you would have climbed into a cage with a hungry bear rather than call the girl that you liked?
(A)Oh totally rather climb into a cage with a hungry bear, I was so shy with girls in high school.
(38)Have you ever been shafted by a girl?
(A)Oh Ya!
(39)When do you plan on being married? Five, ten or fifteen years?
(A)Fifteen years or more. I have a lot I want to accomplish, but I guess when you are not looking for it is when it happens.
(40)What do you like better? Blondes, brunettes or redheads?
(A)Brunettes
(41)What do you like better? Short or long hair?
(A)Long hair?
(42)What would you rather do on a first date? Dinner and a movie or 4x4ing up moto?
(A)4x4ing up moto.

SERIOUS QUESTIONS
(43)What is your favourite book of the Bible?
(A)Revelation
(44)Who is your favourite Bible character?
(A)David
(45)Where do you work?
(A)Fireweed Helicopter in Whitehorse Yukon.
(46)What are your plans for the future?
(A)Work in the Yukon for the next three years, then move onto some international work and see where it takes me.

Thanks to Mike for taking the time to answer all of these questions!

THE CAPTAIN

1 comment:

Jason Hayashi said...

sweet interview with a true legend